The Way of Tea
This course is for anyone who is looking to learn a ceremonial tea practice, and how to integrate it into daily life. The curriculum is designed to help the novice get started and to offer plenty of insights for those already immersed in a life of tea. And the format of the course means that it can all land in your home, be absorbed at your own pace and integrated into your schedule in whatever way suits you.
- Learn two traditional tea ceremonies
- Understand the details of tea preparation, like water and tea selection
- Explore the ways that a tea practice can be used as self-cultivation
- Investigate why tea has been used as plant medicine for thousands of years
- Learn to live in harmony with Nature, ourselves and others
- Discover chaxi, and its implications on life and tea
- Learn meditation techniques to bring peace to your life
- Find a path of service to share with those you care about
14 hours of teachings divided into life wisdom and practical knowledge on traditional, ceremonial tea preparation.
3 one-hour meditation instructions to begin a meditation practice to support your wellbeing and your tea practice.
A one-hour metta meditation to finish the course happily
Supplementary reading materials, videos and more
Daily slogans and questions to contemplate
A forum full of questions, answers and the insights of other course participants.